Thursday Night Report: A Prioritised Package

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA… (Audience: Eh… may we inquire on your ecstatic mood?) Well… the parcel arrived! Or actually, it’s a small box! Yeah!!

“It has never been so good. Now I know why consumer economy is thriving...” –Kaineng

Now do I only understand the true meaning of consumerism, as I see the deliveryman from FedEx (I noticed I spelt it wrongly previously…) give me the box, to me opening it and listening to it one by one, to be seeing some small gift items that come along with it… (even though it’s months since I bought these CDs) I can tell you it’s a kind of excitement. But yeah I also know I see some hole in my bank account already, but never mind. Actually, it kinda worries me you know: I’ve not been able to update my bankbook lately… (Audience: WHAT YOU USE BANKBOOKS? So outdated siah…) *silence* Hehe…

OK I’ll get to the details, said as a perspective of a consumer. I ordered a package worth of 13 of the finest singles in 2012 I’ve listened to far (haha the formalities), from CdJapan in… Japan, via FedEx to reach my home in Singapore. It seemed a smooth process ever since I clicked the “Order” button on Sunday evening, and it arrived this noon (it was quite on time), which means it’s about four days to process my order. The quality-wise… what can be seen is evident: It’s flawless in packaging, and protected properly using paper and bubble wrap (you know those things that Adam wrapped around himself to try to break a fall till he almost ran out of breath?) (Audience: What was that for…) to secure my goods. I rather recommend they place a “fragile” sign on the package though, because what CANNOT be seen has evident flaws, but not big enough that I can report, so I’ll let it pass for this once. Here’s a little pic I posted on Facebook to show my “wares”, haha:
As you can see, they come in different packages and sizes, and I somewhat thought of a way to keep them: Right in the package itself, haha. I see from Internet forums that YesAsia puts more bubble wrap than what Adam places on himself (ie. Quality assured?), but I don’t mind. I think I better stick to a reliable source for now. I’ll see about it, yeah?

Also, the songs just play wonderfully on the home theatre my home has, and I can only say from CDs… the effort they had to make the CDs is just… splendid. Jackets look wonderful, even to the discs and extra stuff placed inside… OK maybe I’m just a newbie at this, but for looking at these small stuff I’m willing to invest more in the near future, really. Are you ready to join me, or have you already experienced this music importing industry for some time and is enjoying it already? Haha I know JK has: His room is filled with SNSD stuff…

But you know? These are all IMPORTED stuff, and I guess not many have done this before, especially when you can just travel to buy them and get them fresh from the stores. Mine is different man, and it’s an experience like never before. On a side note, you do not see DVDs (or even Blu-Rays) because I’m worried about region problems (Singapore = Region 3, Japan = Region 2.

Conclusion: Incompatible? and I have no $$$ to afford BD. Besides I have no BD player, or the next home theatre shall be contributed by me, somewhat or another. And my future purchases, it may also depend on whether my vocation is good or not, and when I’ll get a pay raise, or if by any chance someone pushed me to Command School when I rejected the idea before. It all depends.

”It’s just… all in the air at the moment.”

Yeah, so the day is going to arrive soon: Friday 1000 hours. The time I shall open a browser and take a visit to MINDEF. Hope they don’t disappoint me. Hope I don’t disappoint myself. Hope… it’s all but bleak, huh…

Cya guys then, until tomorrow… I wonder when will I even up my mood to post again, but until next time… I need to get APoL moving. I’VE NOT WRITTEN ANYTHING YET! SORRY GUYS!!…