Sunday Night Report: The Klassic Note Spirit Final – Year 2012 and 5th Year Plans

(Feels like a blogging marathon to me already) (Audience: Who ask you don’t want to do them separately you got Thursday until now)

I thought I’d tell you guys what’s happening soon already. It may take time, but I’m going to compile everything I’ve heard and- (Audience: Post it on the Net?) Not the songs, don’t worry. Let’s carry on.

------------------------------

Freedom seems to be a determining factor when one has the mood to listen to more songs, and that is what happened to me in 2012: I’m free. Free from education, and into the military. Without much troubles (at least the stress is off) to worry about, I also expanded my ears to listen to more, and perhaps, “give chance”.

THE DEFINITION OF 5-STARS
And then we’re talking about this already? Oi scriptwriter, why this first? (Audience: Ask yourself goddammit. And this is supposed to be formal essay.) Ok I’m sorry.

THE DEFINITION OF 5-STARS
After so long, I then noticed and have time to notice and ask myself that question: What is a perfect song? Is it a song that impresses me on first listen? Is it a song that is flawless for me to give a thumbs up and not criticise any part of the song? What shall it be? If so should I give more or continue to give blindly based on my first impressions? Questioning myself that, I ended up setting parameters (not as much as to give guidelines yet) to what is ‘a nice song’. Problematic, huh? Because of that, and the need to keep up with the number of songs I have given such a rating before, I ended up giving half the songs 5-stars out of second impression. Really, and that is worth considering about. It also somewhat affects my decisions for this year too.

DELIVERY STATUS
Good news is, due to me giving so many songs chances and even on 5-star ratings, and me having a decent salary, I start to spend. And guess what’s the first thing I spend on: CDs. Lot of them. Enough to stack it flat to reach my desk. That’s about 100+ discs from 2008 to 2012. I can still remember the first batch of CDs when they came: I was so happy my smile almost made me 10 years older. (with all the lines on my face and everything) You guys still remember that post? I guess not, me too anyway. But really, if there were someone who is THIS crazy as me placing a bunch of CDs and they are not Chinese albums or Anime songs, it’s me. Yeah.
The shelf that I had last year, and far right is part of the shelf I have now. Can see it’s 2012 (the middle row) that wins the medal

YUI’S HIATUS
If you need some bad news, this is one of them. YUI has decided to go on hiatus and has been seen in a new rock band called “FLOWER FLOWER”, and has till date released only one song on iTunes (ie. digital edition) and given a live of songs that I’ve never heard of before. So I have no idea where she is heading. Is she going to come back? Or is she pursuing another kind of music which… I may not like? But saying that, I’ve done many to support her.
See? It’s THIS much support. 49 songs, 3 albums and 15 singles… no one can beat that already. Not in my lifetime. Really. *salutes*

IN SEARCH OF ALTERNATIVES
Worrying this much, I can see why I spend more time on YouTube (is how I met ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE) and audioleaf (how I came to know sunday morning bell, deepNow, and SECONDWALL) just to find another tune or artist that suits me. Important, huh? I guess it’s inevitable. Not listening to songs now that it has become an addiction makes it harder not to search for a melody. And with mainstream artists becoming inactive, this is actually a path I carved out to carry on listening to more Japanese songs.

RANKINGS INCLINATION
To what? You may say. Dear readers, Klassic Note has come a long way. So naturally the rankings have to change. To favour the new and indie songs and artists that appear, and retire the mainstream regulars who aren’t so active as they are. To this, the list has for the first time since 2008 had its top songs replaced, by Chatmonchy and fumika instead of Aqua Timez, or VELTPUNCH. Many songs in the list have many new names appear, including those who may not even have a release for me to review. So you see, it has not been easy.

PLAN FOR 5TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY
Nope, I don’t intend to celebrate for anybody anything. It’s because I listen to this much and loved them for so long that made me want to commemorate and celebrate this SPIRIT I have within myself, and that is Klassic Note. Plan is as follows: (this is going to be long if necessary take a tranquiliser lol)
[Action, and proposed time of execution in brackets]

~Artist Rankings from 2008 all the way to 2012 (will be posted by end of year)
~THREE compilations that have been mentioned at the start of this Klassic Note Spirit series (released, book to be done by end of year)
~Compilation for Nano-Mugen Compilations from 2008 to 2012 (released, book also by end of year)
~Artist’s Compilations of many artists I’ve listened many songs of, like YUI, Aqua Timez etc. (released last year)
~Yearly Compilations from 2008-2012 (released as playlists so as to save CDs)

Here are the plans that DID NOT WORK:
[Action, and reason in brackets]
~Song Rankings from 2008 till 2012 (tried it using elimination but failed terribly many songs I liked got kicked out of the list, yes I mean MANY songs)
~Songs Rankings not in audio only, but in video (tried to gather resources but have not been able to find a standard in video quality)
~Artist Case Study and biography by myself (too lazy to type, and have not completed on anyone yet)
~Many more compilations that I had in mind from 2012 until now (too many, that’s the reason LOL) (and apparently the three above is what I can churn out a list of)

Also successful plans will also be posted on a website that… I would spend the rest of the year doing up, so you guys get to see it next year.

 

Overall, it seems that this spirit would not end. Not with my enthusiasm and my thirst for more wonderful Japanese songs! This thirst, this passion, this enthusiasm… that is the Klassic Note Spirit. Always searching for that melody. Hey that could me my motto! Wait, let’s try this again:

“Always Searching, For That Melody”

The Klassic Note Spirit

 

------------------------------

[P.S.: Eh… on a side note, I’m also having to do up a new place for my blog, as this… two years already, right? Needs a revamp already…]