Wednesday Night Report: The Klassic Note Spirit Part II – The Year 2008

I suppose here’s where everything really started rolling: The introduction of Anime theme songs and its unique style drew me into this world I know of as “J-Pop”. And yesh, I at that time am enjoying it.
“It should be the time that I felt the most of J-Pop…” –Kaineng
THE DEDICATION TO SEARCHING
Many thanks should be given to the artists I dedicate many hours to find out their songs from their debut, which include solo artists like YUI and many bands like Aqua Timez and Ikimono-gakari. Many songs at that time came in to make me touched, in a different way I felt from Chinese songs. And I guess that’s how it attracted me to listen to them. For example, Aqua Timez. The unique long string of lyrics I don’t hear anywhere (normally it’s too long that it became rap) became meaningful words with the aid of several fansub groups to let me understand the lyrics. Back then I may not have understood the songs, but no matter. The melody is already what attracts me.
This is probably why YUI is so cool…
“They (My parents) ask why I like to listen to songs ‘that no one understands’, but I tell them I’m ‘searching for the melody’ instead.” –Kaineng
THE INFLUENCE OF ANIME
Additionally, the influence of Anime has not stopped in providing me with fresh new melodies from artists that I don’t know, that maybe in debut or just a long-run group. So much so that I actually watch the show just to listen the song, or even just take the song to listen and dumping the show entirely. Bands like THYME and VELTPUNCH are great examples.

Cool girl isn’t it? Is she even Japanese??

The Anime it starred in. Looks nice, but gave up on the first episode.


The best song of the year. And of course an awesome song is in an Anime…

Anime “Nabari no Ou” Opening Song. With subtitles!~

INTRODUCTION OF J-ROCK
Just like above, when I was just enjoying the songs of J-Pop, I was actually more influenced by the songs that rock! One of the artists responsible is above: VELTPUNCH. That Alternative Rock style is so appealing it lets me want more. Along with bands like ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION and Chatmonchy, they bring the best and special that is J-Rock. Along with Ajikan (ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION) and their own compilation, NANO-MUGEN COMPILATION, with their live tours featuring Japanese and also non-Japanese artists, bring along the special styles of Rock I’ve heard so far. And it’s still running, till date.
“Amongst all the stress, J-Rock truly made me ‘high’ and forget about all the stress in school that time.” –Kaineng
And it’s not only songs that made me interested, even then there’s this special group, thus their name “SPECIAL OTHERS”, starts me in listening to instrumental from Japan, before that I was just listening to piano instrumentals or even classical music. And if you don’t believe how good they are, join the fans in listening to their live: Looking at them already makes you feel the beat and want me to go to their live.

Laurentech. Don’t know what it means, not even what language they’re singing. They’re SPECIAL; they’re AWE-SOME.

That’s all I guess. There’s definitely more, like other artists from various other Anime I watched, from Nagasarete Airantou featuring Horie Yui (you guys should know her as she voices for many years already) to Shakugan no Shana featuring Kawada Mami in the theme songs. These artists go a long way to sing the unique songs that is J-Pop. And J-Rock. And much, much more…
Next up: The Klassic Note Spirit Part III – The Anime watching and artist searching continues to make impact…